Download the guide:

Make a complaint in easy English

The Mental Health Complaints Commissioner helps people make a complaint.

A complaint is when someone says they are not happy.

We help with complaints about public mental health services in Victoria.

Public mental health services can be:

  • in a hospital
  • in a local group
  • in your home

The Mental Health Complaints Commissioner may be able to help you.

You can make a complaint to us.

You can ask us questions.

We do not take sides.

Who can make a complaint?

You can make a complaint.

Anyone can make a complaint.

For example:

  • family
  • people who look after you
  • friends

What can you complain about?

You can complain about the services you receive if you are:

  • not happy
  • scared
  • worried

You can complain if staff do not listen to you.

You can complain about

  • how staff act
  • what staff tell you
  • how staff care for you

You can complain about the service.

You can talk to us about other problems you have with the mental health service.

Contact us

Mental Health Complaints Commissioner


Level 26

570 Bourke Street

Melbourne Victoria 3000

Phone numbers

1800 246 054 (free call from landlines)

03 9032 3328



Fax number

03 9949 1506

More information

For more information about the Mental Health Complaints Commissioner visit: www.mhcc.vic.gov.au

You can ask for information in your language.

Search for ‘Mental Health Complaints Commissioner’

Reviewed 13 April 2021

Mental Health Complaints Commissioner (MHCC)

Was this page helpful?